What does "Stay Home Work Safe" mean?
Thursday, March 26, 2020
Judge Lina Hidalgo issued a Stay Home Work Safe order effective midnight Wednesday, March 25, 2020 until Friday, April 3, 2020.
What is Stay Home Work Safe?
Everyone is encouraged to stay home unless:
- Your job is under the essential category list
- Getting essential products like grocery shopping, pet food and pharmacy.
- Any outdoor activities like going for a walk, using your bike, hiking, etc. (Parks children's play area, basketball courts, benches and outdoor work out equipment are closed).
- Picking up food using drive thru, curbside or take out
Who is an essential business?
- Communications (Media, Phone, Internet, etc.)
- Critical Manufacturing
- Dams (Flood control and water supplies)
- Defense Industrial Base (Military)
- Emergency Services (Law enforcement, EMS, Firefighters and public works)
- Financial (Banks, credit unions and investment companies)
- Food & Agriculture ( Restaurants, farmers market, farmers, food storage and food processing companies)
- Government Facilities
- Healthcare & Public Health (Doctors and hospitals)
- Information Technology
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials & Waste
- Transportation Systems
Any gatherings of any kind are prohibited. Unless you need to care for a relative or friend you are encouraged to stay home and not have people over or vice versa. You may get food delivered to you, go pick up, use the drive thru and/ or curbside pick up. Gas stations will remain open. Number one question, "Will I get stopped by an officer on the road?" The answer is no. Officers are not stopping people just to ask where they are going. We do recommend sending letters to your employees if you do fall under the essential category list. Need a sample letter? Email us at email@example.com and we will provide you with a sample.